TrustMark Membership - CAI is an Approved Scheme Operator
As of February 2015 members of the Confederation of Aerial Industries Ltd, are now able to assure their customers that their entertainment installations will be carried out by quality experts approved to Government-endorsed standards.
The CAI has achieved scheme operator status for TrustMark, the only Government-endorsed scheme for all trades in and around the home, and it will enable Installing Members to apply for TrustMark status so that they can be found by homeowners using the TrustMark postcode search facility. The TrustMark scheme operator license was awarded to the CAI following a thorough assessment of all its processes for vetting and inspecting installers as well as its customer service policies, compliance audits, quality management and complaint handling procedures.
TrustMark is the Government endorsed quality scheme that signposts people to reputable local tradesmen. It is a registered social enterprise, operated under licence from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). TrustMark’s website has an easy to use UK wide postcode search facility, which provides details of more than 21,000 licensed trades and has the largest database of accredited tradesmen in the country.
All TrustMark firms’ technical skills have been independently checked through on-site inspections to ensure a high quality of workmanship and trading practices. TrustMark is the only scheme that requires qualified inspectors to do these visits, so that technical competence is checked as well as business practices and customer satisfaction.
Benefits to the Customer
- A firm's technical skills have been independently checked through regular on-site inspection, as well as checks on their trading record and financial status;
- Firms have signed up to a code of practice that includes insurance, good health and safety practices and customer care;
- The approved scheme operator (CAI) has checked and will continue to monitor the firm's quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction;
- Firms are able to offer the CAI Double Guarantee on all domestic installations.
- The scheme is fully supported by Government, the building industry and consumer protection groups.
- All of these checks give the customer - Peace of mind
Benefits of the TrustMark Accreditation
- By Government endorsement the TrustMark logo is recognised throughout the UK by homeowners.
- TrustMark's national advertising on TV, radio, newspapers & magazines provides a consumer route to increased enquiries.
- CAI are the only Scheme Operator for the Aerial & Satellite Industry making all consumer enquiries from this trade going to CAI members.
- Added exposure as listed on the CAI and TrustMark 'Find an Installer' county and postcode search. In 2014, more than 7.2m search results were provided to homeowners who used TrustMark website to find expert tradesmen.
Requirements to become a TrustMark Member
TrustMark membership is exclusive to CAI members as we are currently the only Scheme Operator for the trade. Those who wish to be TrustMark approved must be a CAI member and hold CAI Plus status. The CAI Plus scheme requires 50% of the engineers to provide the following,
- Basic DBS issued within the last 12 months then valid for 3 years from date of issue
- Safe Working at Heights Certificate – valid for 5 years from date of issue
- Company Public and Employers Liability Insurance
Yearly Subscription Fee
Joining this scheme offers competitive rates compared to other online Tradesman registers. You can gain the TrustMark Accreditation for a yearly fixed fee of £60 + VAT per year. In 2014 more than 7.2 million search results were provided to homeowners who used TrustMark’s website and telephone helpline to find expert tradespeople.
Applying for TrustMark Membership
If you wish to apply for TrustMark membership please complete and submit the form below to start your application. All requests for TrustMark membership must be made to the CAI.
By submitting your application this does not automatically approve the request to use the TrustMark logo. You must await confirmation of your membership approval via post. Once a member of TrustMark, your company details will be listed on the TrustMark website which has an easy to use UK wide postcode search facility and provides details of more than 21,000 licensed trades and has the largest database of accredited tradesmen in the country.