DTT & Freeview Updates
The latest mux slide, supplied courtesy of Indigo Associates, can be DOWNLOADED HERE
Click each title to expand section.
DTT Changes 26th May 2020
26th May 2020
- NOW 70s has closed on Freeview LCN78. (COM5-ArqA multiplex)
- Together has resumed normal broadcast hours still at LCN88 (COM5-ArqA multiplex)
Also please be aware that 4Music and 4seven will end dual transmission on old and new Freeview multiplex frequencies tomorrow 27 May. They will only be available at on the COM5-Arq A multiplex at LCN29 and LCN47.
DTT Changes 14th May 2020
14th May 2020
- LCN 29 - 4Music has moved from the COM6-ArqivaB mux to the COM5-ArqivaA mux.
- LCN 47 - 4Seven has also moved from the COM6-ArqivaB mux to the COM5-ArqivaA mux.
- LCN 84 - Now 90s relaunches for viewers in the Manchester area only. (G_MAN mux).
- LCN 87 - Spotlight TV has closed for viewers in the Manchester area only. (G_MAN mux).
- LCN 211/212 - Ketchup / Yaaas! have moved to a single portal at LCN 211 on the COM4-SDN mux.
- LCN265 on the COM4-SDN mux carries a new portal channel On-demand 365 to integrate Planet Knowledge and Sports Channel services previously at LCN265 and LCN266.
- LCN 672 - Adult Smile 2 has closed (COM6-ArqivaB).
DTT Changes 15th April 2020
15th April 2020
- LCN23 - CCXTV on the COM5-ArqA mux has moved from LCN95, swapping with Create and Craft.
- LCN32 - Sony Movies has moved from the COM5-ArqA mux to the COM6-ArqB mux.
- LCN75 - Yesterday+1 has launched on the COM5-ArqA mux.
- LCN94 - Paramount+1 (COM7) has been removed after failing to launch.
- LCN95 - Create and Craft on the COM5/ArqA mux has moved from LCN23, swapping with CCX TV.
- LCN733 - Trans World Radio has moved from COM7/ArqC to COM5-ArqA and become more widely available.
DTT Changes 26th February 2020
26th February 2020
- LCN 23 - Create and Craft has moved from COM5-Arqiva A to COM4-SDN
- LCN 73 - Sewing Quarter has become Jewellery Maker (COM6-Arqiva B)
- LCN74 – Jewellery Maker has become Shopping Quarter (COM7-Arqiva C)
- LCN 75 - Channel removal (Scotland only) - BBC Four has moved (PSB1-BBC A)
- LCN 84 - Now 90s has movedto LCN 78 and renamed to Now 70s (COM5-Arqiva A)
- LCN 95 - CCXTV has been allocated a Freeview LCN number but is yet to launch (COM5-Arqiva A)
· LCN 719 – Radio (West Midlands region only) BBC C&W renames to BBC CWR (PSB1-BBC A)
Freeview retunes for 2020 announced
Further Freeview retune dates have been confirmed for parts of England, Wales, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland in 2020.
The additional retunes are part of the final stages of a scheme to clear some of the airwaves which are being auctioned off next year for future 5G mobile services, with the latest set of dates having just been confirmed by Freeview.
Affected viewers will need to retune Freeview or YouView TVs and set-top-boxes if they lose channels on the relevant regional retune date.
In Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, most of the region's main TV transmitters will undergo frequency changes on the 5th February 2020, some relays will see changes a week later on the 12th February. In East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, an additional retune will take place on the 4th March 2020 due to frequency co-ordination with the East Midlands.
In the East Midlands TV region, viewers will need to retune on the 4th March 2020. For many viewers, this will mean changes to the frequencies for all the main TV channels, including BBC One East Midlands and ITV Central East.
For viewers in the North West of England - historically known as the ITV Granada region - changes will occur in two stages - 19th February and 22nd April 2020 when broadcasts from the Winter Hill transmitter and many relays change.
Across in North East Wales, the Moel-Y-Parc transmitter will change on the 22nd April 2020, in co-ordination with events in North West England.
In Northern Ireland, a frequency change takes place at the Divis transmitter, above Belfast on the 4th March 2020, co-ordinated with changes taking place over the border in the Republic of Ireland on the same day, when services across the island of Ireland will be cleared for future 5G mobile services.
Viewers in the western part of the Anglia region, in parts of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and eastern areas of Buckinghamshire will be affected by frequency changes on 12th February 2020.
On the Isle of Man, transmitters will be switched to new frequencies on 29th April 2020, once other frequency changes have been completed around the edges of the Irish Sea.
Some viewers in the Lake District will also be affected during April, when a number of relays will be switched.
Viewers are being advised to look out for on-screen messages to remind them of the impending changes. Satellite, cable and internet TV viewers are not affected.
On each regional retune day, Freeview channels are subject to being off-air overnight as engineering work takes place at the transmitters. By breakfast time, most viewers will be able to retune to restore channels. Relays will be up and running by the afternoon.
For a detailed view of the retune days, please visit the RXTV log regional retune days page.
- Did you know? When retuning older TVs, a 'first time installation' or 'factory reset' may be required to wipe all lost channels on old frequencies. The 'add channels' option is not to be used to restore existing channels. Freeview has published videos explaining how to retune many common brands of devices on its website.
- Further assistance for viewers affected by the changes is available at: https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/tv-changes
Freeview Changes 19 & 20 November 2019
20 November 2019
LCN 68 (Scotland only) - BBC Four has moved from LCN75 (PSB1-BBC A)
LCN 75 (Scotland only) - relabelled 'BBC Four has moved' - with an information slate (PSB1-BBC A)
LCN 72 - Quest Red+1 has moved from LCN78 (COM7/ARQ C)
LCN 83 - NOW 80s has become NOW Xmas (COM8/ ARQ D)
LCN 88 - Together TV has moved from LCN 89 (COM5-ARQ A)
LCN 89 - Together TV+1 has moved from LCN 93 (COM8 / ARD D)
LCN 91 - PBS America has moved from COM8/ ARQ D to COM6-Arqiva B with new broadcast hours 1300-2300 and now available in more homes.
LCN 93 - PBS America+1 has launched on COM8/ARQ D
19 November 2019
Viewers who haven't retuned since 14 November lost E4+1 as of 1200 GMT. They can retune to reinstate the service at LCN28 on its new mux PSB2/D3-4
700MHz Clearance Retune Events Q4 2019
Detailed regional information for channel providers, installers and industry, including UHF channel changes, is available also at the link. These documents will be updated as further information is released.
Some transmitter groups will have multiple retunes between now and mid-2020 as airwaves are released in stages.
The full briefing from Digital UK can be download at the following link: - Freeview Clearance Events in 2019